Saturday, June 17, 2006

low-brow humor reigns supreme

So... today I left with the high schoolers for a week-long mission trip to Parmelee, SD. To put it simply, I am glad I am here...for now. This week does add more than a little stress to my life, as we are now within a month of moving to Chicago. I will desperately miss the mrs., we are pretty dependent on each other lately, as the stress levels are high. The "Rez" doesn't always prove to be the friendliest environment (emotionally, spiritually, or physically). But I am glad I am here. It only took a little low-brow humor for things to be placed into proper perspective.

The day did not start well. I was late getting to church. I forgot some crucial items at church and had to turn around and meet B. Barker half way (thanks man!). It was super windy, making trailer hauling a fight the entire way. We had a tire blow out on the Suburban (you can check out a pic here). All of this adding to my stress levels... and then it happened (timing may be off a little, but this is how I'd like to remember it)... someone farted. It was one of those silent but deadly kind. And I laughed. I laughed my fool head off. I laughed until I cried. I laughed until I was nearly weeping. The smell progressively got worse, and I progressively laughed harder. No one claimed it. Perfect.

And that's why I'm glad I'm here...for now. I needed a good laugh. I need a lot of laughter right now. Thanks for the laugh today Mr./Ms. Anonymous Flatulator. Keep praying for me, I need it. Keep praying for Abs, she needs it. Keep praying for this team of young missionaries, they need it. Pray for the town of Parmelee, SD, they need it. Pray with out ceasing... and laugh... it does a heart good.

Shaloam.

No comments: