Sunday, June 25, 2006

First Post Ever!!

This is my first post ever. I have never blogged for many reasons. One reason is that I think it is very odd and unsettling to have my thoughts posted for anyone who stumbles upon them to read. The other reasons are not worth spending time writing about. Since this blog is to chronicle "our" life in the girl's dorm, here I go.

Tomorrow I start my first day of the last week of my job. I have been surprised at the emotions that I have been having. I have found myself being really sad to say "good-bye" to clients whom I thought I would be pleased to leave behind. I have started to think about how good I have really had it at my job. I do work at home, it doesn't get much better than that. When I start thinking these things I realize that I have this personality trait which causes me to become very idealistic about things when I am leaving them behind. For some reason I rarely remember the bad. My brain automatically eliminates the bad/sad things and only leaves behind the fond memories. I suppose to some extent most everyone does this?

I guess that's good news for anyone who has ticked me off in the last couple of years!
Abbey

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Abbey! You did a terrific job at posting a blog. I thought it was very well written so I hope you keep writing and more. And also, don't forget to post more picture with people in them, and not nature haha.

Brandon Barker said...

Abbey,

I hope I am not one of those people who has ticked you off. You are so important to my family. We love you both!

Travis said...

Well done Abbey, and welcome to the blogosphere! I feel that way as well, unless they've really ticked me off.

Noah Braymen said...

Abbey...

Welcome to the blogosphere...Lindsey says hello...also, good first post:)

We've been praying for you and Brandon! We're excited to track how God moves in your lives!

Also, here's a good resource you might need in the future to help with the lingo in the blog world...http://www.blogossary.com/
In Christ
Noah

Jake said...

You make me proud! Keep up the good work; I'm going to want to know what's going on with you two in Chi-town!

Anonymous said...

Abbey -
Welcome to 2006:) You posted a blog...that's awesome! I totally hear ya. I am just not a blogger. But, it's so nice to be able to hear about your moving journey together. LOVE YOU!!

Sar