Saturday, September 23, 2006

A brief conversation.

Oh man, tonight was awesome! David Bazan was phenomenal. It was quaint, it felt like a family gathering. Abbey and I had a great time. He played all of her favorites and some of mine. It was everthing I could have imagined. And as the show closed and people were gathering to talk, it happened....

(while shaking the man's hand)
brandon: "I just wanted to say thank you. Thanks for everything."
david: "Oh, you're welcome. Thanks for coming out tonight."

BACKSTORY:
In the last few years, I have had an awakening, of sorts (if you didn't know, ask me about it some time). David Bazan's music has been instrumental in arousing my soul and intellect to the stark realities of the world in which we live, for better and worse. I owed him a "thank-you." Mission accomplished.

*brandon

1 comment:

Travis said...

Yeah, I could've been there. Thanks for representing me well. I'll be calling for a more full report sometime.