Monday, February 19, 2007

Why am I such a girl?



Last semester we had a little mouse problem in our apartment. Our bedroom ceiling has dropped tile and a little mouse had made his home there. Brandon and I could hear the mouse scurrying around above our heads while we tried to sleep. The maintenance people came and put a sticky trap up in the ceiling. The mouse got caught within a few days. I haven't heard or seen any signs of a mouse since. Until tonight.

I went to get a piece of candy out of this bowl that I keep sweet things in. One of those things is chocolate. I ran across this piece of candy (see picture, I apologize for the blur). This piece of candy had obviously served as a delicious meal for one of my furry friends. So, now I know that Brandon and I are not the only occupants of our apartment. Brandon is working tonight so I have to make the brave trek from our study to our bedroom by myself. This requires me walking through the kitchen where I am positive I heard the mouse. I really don't consider myself high maintenance or girlie......but apparently I am!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that you have to live with nasty mice. When we had mice in costa rica (lots of them). Ty always tried to convince I was seeing the same one everytime and there was only one. The truth was our apartment was infested... it was almost as nasty as all the cockroaches living and mating in the couch.... I feel your pain.

Recovering said...

I understand. Mice are dangerous, vicious, and intimidating creatures...I hope you're armed. :)