Saturday, February 17, 2007

Saturday

I remember when weekends were relaxing. Today I spent 12 hours studying and writing for school. That includes a 6 1/2 hour stint at Caribou. I made some good headway on a paper I'm writing and took a big bite out of some reading that I have to do for a colloquium on this coming Friday. My brain was fried by the time I got back to the apartment tonight.

Abbey, sans husband, set off on adventures all over the city. This afternoon, she and one of her RA's took a drive to find a Gap Outlet. Not a big deal? Well, it's one of maybe 5 times that she's driven in the city thus far and she was happy to report tonight that she also did a fine job of parallel parking. If you think the parking isn't a big deal, then you've never heard the story of how our car got towed because she absolutely refused to parallel park it. Tonight she took off on a jaunt to a local movie theater with her coworker. They saw "Music and Lyrics," a Hugh Grant flick. I'm glad I had schoolwork to do.

We haven't had a lot of time together recently. So given a little time together tonight, we decided to make the most. She handed it to me in a rousing game of dice then we retired to watching Arrested Development: Season I. That show brings back a lot of good memories... our little bungalow, good friends, a friendly city, and our beloved Lucille 3 (if you ever wondered how Lucy got her name, the answer is found by watching AD).

It's odd how so many memories are tied to something as trivial as a canceled television show. Odd, but nice.

4 comments:

Travis said...

My friend Chris and I were talking about our favorite AD moments/quotes/episodes yesterday, it reminded me of you guys.

Anonymous said...

Brandon I thought your new vocabulary was a bit ostentatious.But it seemed felicitous given your new direction in life

Anonymous said...

oh Arrested Development...how I wish it was not cancelled

Anonymous said...

STEVE HOLT!