Sunday, December 03, 2006

I'm not sure why, but....

I recently began a list of television shows I would like to see taken off the air with great celerity. This is by no means an exhaustive list of the shows which no person should bear, but this is where it stands including the reason for a swift disposal:

1. The NEW Jim Bakker Show -- scam artist, Scam Artist, SCAM ARTIST!
2. Last Call with Carson Daily -- Carson Daily's categorical lack of personality and his supreme inability to come across as anything other than CREEPY.
3. The Tyra Banks Show -- The Tyra Banks Show
4. The Megan Mullally Show -- It just doesn't work.
5. Nancy Grace -- Besides the eye makeup... well, there's the pushing people to suicide for starters.
6. The Tonight Show with Jay Leno -- It's just a time-slot that should include humor, originality, and talent. Somebody call up the bullpen and get Conan in here.
7. Show Me the Money -- Captain Kirk urging you to pick your "Dancer with the answer!" Please, make it stop.

Feel free to add to this list. Maybe we could draft a letter to the President of TV and voice our collective discontent.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to add to this list the channels MTV and VH1, and I know that was an obvious one, but the kicker is that I would like to see them replaced with nothing but an angry man PSA playing over and over again telling viewers to "go read a BOOK!"

Anonymous said...

You know . . . .after spending two days with Jim Bakker last year - and getting a good feel for the behind the scenes stuff . . .

I'm not so sure its a scam artist thing, such as it is a delusional "God wants me to" thing -

not that it shouldn't still be removed from the airwaves . . .

Anonymous said...

hmm...Jerry Springer -perhaps we could be a little more original. I mean, aren't they all about someone sleeping with your mom, sister, girlfriend, uncle, grandma, and whoever else you might be remotely connected to followed by fighting and namecalling? How much do they pay those people to go on there anyway?

Anonymous said...

story: the other day i said "shooter dude" to someone for no apparent reason, stopped to place where that phrase came from, and smiled when i remembered.

i hope all is well in the windy city for you and abbey. we're freezing up here in the suburbs :) i really AM going to get down there to see you at some point. sorry i haven't made it yet!

Garrett said...

I just wanted to say it was good to see you today, Brandon. I can't wait to get together and chat with you again! Thanks again for the awesome latte!

Garrett said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Garrett said...

i don't know how to email you, and this is really inefficient, but I was just wondering whether you had thought of getting a refurbished mac from apple. You can check it out here:

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/
WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/
RSLID?mco=D8593B5A&nclm=CertifiedMac

it wouldn't all fit in one line.

just trying to help ya out man.
peace

Anonymous said...

I have two, one obvious and one I know I'm gonna take some flack (sp?) for. We only have the very basic cable and we get the 'E' channel, and the show The Girls Next Door. It's about the life inside the Playboy mansion. When I watch it I aways think of the verse in Proverbs that says better for people to think your a fool than to open your mouth and prove them right---that was just paraphrasing :) And the second one is Friends.... I know it's popular but every time I happen upon it, it is making sin (sleeping around, being gay, vengeance, etc.) normal and entertaining. I think a lot of shows do that, and some of them I do find entertaining, I am by no means a holy only t.v. watcher. Indeed I have outed myself that I even know that there is a show about the playboy house. Please direct any angry comments to my blog.....