Saturday, October 07, 2006

We love Joe Barrett!

Sorry, you haven't heard from us in a while. My life has been consumed with preparation for the GRE. But, that's all over now, as I took the test on Wednesday. It wasn't much fun, but I did alright. We are now just waiting for Wheaton's reply.

This weekend Abbey's parents are in town. The boys went golfing today and the girls shopped. Tonight we went to, what I believe to be known as, "Little Italy." My brother-in-law's boss, Joe Barrett, took us to a little hole in the wall Italian spot. Mama Mia, it was a-good! After dinner we went back to Joe Barrett's apartment for dessert and coffee. Before we did that though, we went 62 stories up to the top of his building to check out a beautiful view of Chicago.

Besides having great taste in Italian restaurants and a phenomenal apartment directly above the House of Blues, Joe Barrett is one of the greatest guys I've ever met. If you're ever in Chicago, you should meet Joe.

Thought I would include a couple pictures of our evening as well.

-brandon

(Abe and I)

(Joe, Andrea, Chuck, Sue and Joe Barrett)

(a view from the top)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun. Chicago is fun. Quite the view from 68 up eh? Beautiful!! So, guys it was so fun to catch up with you a couple weeks back already now...Way to go on the GRE Brandon! Wheaton, here he comes! When are you gonna visit Mpls? Hunting? Hmmm. Just wondering..you know i will stop by again on another Chi-town visit!
Steph G