Sunday, July 23, 2006

One Week Down!

Our first week in Chicago has officially come to an end. This week has felt like an eternity to me. It is strange to think that it was really only one week ago that I said "good-bye" to many of you. It feels like we have been here forever, but time is also going really fast for me. As a result of that, I didn't have time to reflect on all of the changes in my life. This weekend, as life slowed down, things got hard. Brandon and I both laid in bed last night with feelings of homesickness for our little white house and adorable dog Lucy. Not having Lucy has been the hardest thing for me. I miss that little pup like crazy.

On a postive note, I am loving my job. I don't really have a handle on what I am doing yet, but I already have a great feeling about my position. I met one of my RA's this last week and she seems great. Meeting her made me very excited about the school year and the relational side of my job.

This post isn't anything profound. Just an update from me since I have been silent for some time now. Your continued prayers are appreciated.

*abbey

4 comments:

heatherlee said...

Our prayers are definitely with you. It's great to hear your excitement about your job. Make sure you enjoy some of Chicago too!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are excited about your job. I hope you two are having a lot of fun in Chicago. We met for college group last night and I missed you!

Anonymous said...

ABBEY...Praying for you! Miss you like crazy my friend, Des Moines is just not the same without your smiling face. Hugs! Sara

Anonymous said...

chicago for me...august 15th. visit to moody...hopefully shortly following.