Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It's so hard to say goodbye...

No really, it's so hard. It's hard because it really hasn't set in yet. This week has been full of tying up loose ends and saying many, many goodbyes. But it hasn't set in yet. I suppose it will on Friday as family and friends gather at our home to help us load the 2nd smallest Uhaul that they make (I hope it's big enough).

In case you have been under a rock for a while, this Saturday, Abe and I are moving to "The Big Breazy", Chicago, IL; it is time. We will, for the next 2+ years, be living in a girls' dormitory. We will soon be saying our final "farewell" to our beloved Lucille 3. We will, with finality, be closing the red door to an empty house. We will be heading down I-80 to the hustle/bustle of city life. We will be leaving all that we have known as a married couple.

Our first years in the DSM have been good. We've made lifelong friends. We've been inspired to dream. We've grown wiser from experience. We've fallen deeper in love.

God bless this city, may His face shine on her, and may His love and Will flourish here.

Thanks for the memories.

*brandon

5 comments:

Jake said...

hey guys,
if you return, if only to say hello, don't pass me by, k? just stop and say "hi" and i'll take it. i'll take it.

Anonymous said...

brandon and abbey - i'm really going to miss you. but, don't worry, i'll leave your favorite light on. when no one's around, you can count on me.

Jake said...

it might be lame to leave two comments on the same post, but i just wanted you guys to know that i've been praying for you. i hope you're settling in alright.

jaques

Anonymous said...

Brandon and Abbey,

I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever gone away. I wil miss both of you.

And I'll take with me the memories to be my sunshine after the rain. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday.

I love you both...and Boys to Men

Brandon

Anonymous said...

Des Moines was lonely when we came to mom's and you weren't here. We'll be praying for you as you adjust to life in chi-town. I can't wait to visit you there.