Thursday, January 24, 2008

Oprah!

Yesterday morning I got to attend a live taping of the Oprah Winfrey Show. One of the students that lives in my dorm had an extra ticket, and she offered it to me. I was so excited to go. Seeing Oprah is one of the things I really wanted to do while living in Chicago, but didn't think it would happen due to tickets being really hard to get.

We had to be on a bus to the Harpo Studio by 6 am, which is way early for me! We arrived at the studio and they shuffled us through security to a holding room. After about an hour of waiting we were let into the studio. They warmed us up for a few minutes by having us practice facial expressions. Apparently, the more dramatic the better. The audience was mostly female, but there were a few men who looked less than thrilled to be there. I don't have any pictures because cameras weren't allowed. I didn't get any TV time, but it was so much fun!

2 comments:

heatherlee said...

How Fun! When will you be on? Maybe we can see you in the audience...

Snavels said...

What was the topic on? How fun!