Wednesday, August 02, 2006

URGENT: Please pray for Jake!


(Jake's the one on the left... your left... the one with the huge smile... okay, he's the white one)

My good friend, Jake Bouma, fell last night while playing a game with the junior high ministry he works with. He is in the hospital right now with some internal bleeding (of the bladder and intestines, I believe). It doesn't sound life threatening, but the doctors are monitoring him. He is in a lot of pain right now. He cannot stand up. They are not sure how they are going to get him home to Des Moines; the camp is in Missouri. Pray that there might not be any more complications for Jake, that his pain would subside, and that he might recover quickly.

Shalom.

*brandon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Brandon-
This is Jake's good friend Kelly. I was wasating away my night and looking through Jake's website and it took me to yours. Thanks so much for the post about Jake. It is really hard to be in Des Moines and not be able to give him comfort in person. I have been thinking about him all day and praying constantly and all the prayers we can get are awesome. Thanks again.
Kelly

Noah Braymen said...

Brandon...

We're praying...thank you for the update! I'll put this on my blog and pass the word to be praying for Jake to be well, to the glory of God!

In Christ
Noah

Jake said...

Thanks for this, Brandon.

I am home now, taking things very slowly as my body heals. Thanks to everyone for all of your prayers.

You can read the full story on my blog here.