Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The freshman have arrived!

Today marked the arrival of all the new students at Moody. I was really busy today and met lots of students and even more parents! It was a good day. All of the new students are here for a few days of orientation before classes start.
As I was watching the students make awkward introductions and smile uneasily at each other, I couldn't help but remember my own first few days of my freshman year of college. I thought of how much I did not want to be at college and how awful I thought orientation was.
I also thought about Sarah Miller. Sarah is an amazing friend of mine, we met in orientation. Going on five years out of college we are still friends. I was down the hall just a few minutes ago talking to a group of girls and I told them about Sarah. I encouraged them that they will most likely be meeting someone in the next few days that will end up being a life long friend.
As different as it has been to move back into a girl's dorm, I do love all the energy and excitement that is around us!

*abbey

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for awkward conversations. i met a lifelong friend at orientation, too. it's good to hear from you abbey. i miss you and brandon.

lynette.

Travis said...

I always hate first days because, like Brandon, I'm too shy and want people to come up to me and begin a conversation. And then once they do I usually want them to leave. Is that bad? Anyway, I remember that I initially hated college, but now I see it as the best [five] years of my life.

Brandon Barker said...

I need both of your email addresses.

- Brandon

Anonymous said...

I was so honored to be mentioned in your blog :) Thanks for your friendship, Ab. I will never forget orientation. Who knew what all would come of sitting together on a bus?? !!