Monday, November 12, 2007

keeping up appearances

In a conversation last week I made a mention that I wouldn't mind starting to dress "nicer." My dress has always been a source of interest to those in my life. From Seth Barker wearing his hat "like Brandon Mick" to my in-laws, not-so-subtly, buying me a suit for my birthday last year to someone borrowing a shirt from me to use as a Halloween costume this year. For some reason, my appearance seems to summon all sorts of emotive responses from people.

All of that is fine. I'm used to it. But when I said that I wouldn't mind starting to dress "nicer," my wife responded, "Well that's nice, you are almost thirty."

Nice honey. Nice.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Post pictures - we must see what this looks like.

brandon said...

Thanks for the interest Shane. Correct me if I am wrong, but what you just asked for is a "fashion show, fashion show, fashion show at lunch."

-see The Office Season 3 Episode "The Coup"

Travis said...

I had that same feeling of wanting to dress "nicer" the other week too. But I probably won't get around to that until I'm nearly thirty as well. Also, I look forward to the lunch fashion show, only that I might hear the words, "it's a European cut."