Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Hello...Are you still there?

Abe recently informed me that she would no longer carry this blog by herself. I am to pull my own weight or it is over. The shop will close, the carpets will be rolled up, and the candles blown out. So I figure that I ought to publish something, as it is the only fair thing to do for our viewing public. For a life without LITGD is hardly a life at all.

Speaking less facetiously about life, you might be wondering about where I have been and why I haven't posted for some time. Well I guess that you could describe my life, as of late, more appropriately as a mere existence than a life truly lived. I'm not sure what's been going on, but I just haven't cared...about anything. My summer, following my summer class, was spent in front of the television. I sank into a world soaked and reeking of the Discovery Channel. And though I now feel like fast friends with Adam and Jamie and the other Mythbusters, I hardly feel as though I am alive.

School is re-acclimating me to the waters of the living. But the process is slow. However this morning I was truly alive. I awoke at 8:15, after sleeping through my alarm, with an hour-and-a-half commute standing in between our sleepy bed and a 9:15 class. With a flurry of arms and legs and a few expletives, I raced to get to class before it was over (that is if you can call crawling traffic a race). I was late, very late, but I was alive like I haven’t felt in a while. There was something about the urgency of it all that may have crash-paddled me back to life.

The semester that lies ahead looks to be challenging, but good. I just hope that I can wake up for it...both literally and figuratively.

1 comment:

lynette said...

it's good to have you back, brandon. if you wanted to feel even more alive you and abbie should come to portland. we're very alive over here.